dots

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Stop the Insanity!!!

So I have spent the past 2 weeks doing my clincial rotation at a Psychiatric hospital. It has been interesting to say the least.
I have had some very friendly and indepth conversations with lots of patients and i am suprised at how willing they are to share. Their honesty is almost too much to take sometimes.
I was a believer at first that a lot of mental illness was just that, all in their heads, but after spending some time in a facility it isn't. I truly believe that a lot of it is biological. But should they all be put on drugs? Shouldn't we all be put on some types of drugs?
I'll be one of the 1st people to admit that I get depressed, I get angry and I have self esteem issues, but isn't that normal to some extent?
We are all crazy, some of them just hide better than other's I suppose.

1 comment:

Cathy De Los Santos said...

if we were all put on drugs we might all become the same person, individuality is a must.