dots

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

On the road to nowhere

I just had 5 days off and it was wonderful.
It was so nice to not have any plans and just pick up and go where the wind blows. My 5 days started off with a canoe/camping trip which was fun like always. I love spending time with my family and friends. No major injuries down the river either. Dave managed to not steer me into too many tree branches or cause me any injuries, which is always a plus.
The weekend was quite interesting. My grandpa was talking marriage for me and Dave, which cracks me up. Its pretty cool to see how much more supportive my family is of this newer relationship than they were in the past. I guess it shows that we are great together. Its so nice to finally have a relationship in which we BOTH adore one another and not just one way around. I do adore him...terribly, more than I think he knows.
After the canoe trip, we had 2 days to do whatever we wanted...so we went exploring. We went to Marshall, michigan and saw all of the older homes. It would be awesome to live there someday. Its so nice to see some history.
We stayed in a jacuzzi hotel room that night and relaxed. The jacuzzi was a nice relief for all of the bug bites I acquired this weekend. We hadn't planned anything for tuesday and Dave decided that I our vacation wasn't over. We headed up to Frankenmuth and Birch Run for some outlet shopping and dinner. I was so tired from the day that i slept all of the way home in the car. It was a fabulous 5 days off!

No comments: