dots

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I am so ready for summer

So I've been doing weight watchers for about a month now and i started out really well, as I do with most things that I start and then I fizzle. I was doing great with the journaling and keep track of everything I put in my mouth. The results were fabulous; I lost 8.2 pounds. Now I am getting lax with myself, not tracking myself as diligently as I should and I feel like I am freaking hungry all of the time. A lot of it is my job. I am bored eater, I know I am bored eater and lately there hasn't been crap to do at work, so I keep eating. I am also a huge sugar craver. I want it all of the time. I have tried all of the gimmicky things (and scientific proof things) that say if you don't eat it for 2 weeks you won't crave it anymore. Well that is a huge bunch of BS. Cuz no matter what I do, I will always choose chocolate or any sugary candy type of thing over another. So how do I live in harmony? Is there a way? Honestly I had found my ideal lifestyle when I lived in Germany a number of years ago. I lost 30 pounds in 5 months and I ate candy or some sugary thing everyday!! What the heck is wrong with the foods that we have here? Why can I not lose the weight I need to lose. Why is this so fricking hard!!

I am so ready for summer. I am/will be more active once it warms up. I like going for walks after work and taking in all of the fresh air. I love scouting the neighborhood and looking at how people have decorated their lawns and houses. Now if this crappy ass Michigan weather would cooperate, I might be making some progress. Ugh. I could become one of those Mall Walker people, but then that would only coerce my spending issues. Come on mother nature....help me out here I am waiting!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

weight watchers is hard, but oh so worth it. i joined in Aug 2005, lost about 40 lbs, and made lifetime by Aug 2006 (i ended up being 10 lbs below my goal weight). granted since i stopped going to meetings after making lifetime, i have gained 10 lbs...which is why if you get to lifetime, you should keep going.

one of the things i learned on weight watchers is to eat what i'm craving, but only eat a little bit. otherwise i end up eating a ton of other stuff trying to fulfill my craving for ice cream, only to end up eating ice cream anyways.

also, take a picture of yourself at the beginning of every month. it's hard to see changes in the mirror, but much easier to see them in pictures...plus you can make a great scrapbook page about it in the end!

Unknown said...

Dude it is sooo cold here and im pissed! WHen it is gonna get warm?!? hahaha but then when it does im gonna be pissed because its gonna be like 109! Cant win!

Unknown said...

U been tagged go check my blog lady!