dots

Monday, February 16, 2009

Ruling your practice with Faith

I spent a few hours in the PICU (pediatric intensive care unit) and was profoundly struck by the whole experience. I asked the nurse, how do you just not go home everyday and cry? She said, she rules her nursing practice by faith. It got me thinking, what rules my practice?
It's deep. I am not sure what will rule my practice in the future. How can give hope to someone when, there seems to be none? I didn't really believe the phrase, "everything happens for a reason", until late last summer and I really truly do believe that...but its so hard to explain it to someone else. I am sure people with Faith do have an easier time dealing with the tradgedies of life, how can you say everything happens for a reason to a mother who is losing a child? I wish I had faith. I do believe in something bigger, larger than me, but I just don't know what that is yet, I need to find out. I need something stronger than the faith in Modern medicine to get me there.
I have faith that I can be strong, keep it together and make a difference in someone else's life. I think it is a good place to start.

1 comment:

Misty said...

the PICU is a special place. I think you would be a great PICU or NICU nurse. You are caring and compassionate. Once you see one miracle and that little baby get to go home, you'll know how to tell them. I truely believe that everything happens for a reason. I can 100% relate that to my time as a NICU Mom. There was a reason that we needed 2 MDs to take Madyson off of the vent. It was and still is my belief that God wanted us to have more than that 1 week with her. Madyson touched soo soo many people's lives in her short 10 months.

Hang in there you'll figure it out!!