dots

Monday, February 16, 2009

The socially inept...

I swear it seems like I always seem to find them or is it do they find me...?
Last night I went with my boyfriend to go see Lord of the Dance. I loved the show...except for the 3 ladies behind me. They yapped for nearly the whole performance. What gives? This is the 2nd time I have been to see Lord of Dance and the 2nd time I been near some yappers. Joe shh'ed them and one of them got her panties all in a bunch. I mean seriously...do people throw all etiquette or common courtesy out the window when they go out in public. When a show starts...I'd expect a little chatter, becuase it is exciting and what not...but seriously, if you want to go out to talk go out for coffee or dinner. Don't ruin someone else's experience. Plus the tickets were $50 a pop, so I'd rather enjoy the show and not have it ruined by someone who doesn't get out much and forgot how to behave in public.
I love that Joe, like me has a short fuse with people like this too. It saves me from looking like jerk by having to confront someone, he gladly does it.
Secondly, I really don't understand why when people are walking in an orderly fashion to either get to their seats or to leave the premises, why other's prefer to come to a complete stop and clog up traffic, so they can check out the overpriced T-shirts that are way off to the side or to dead stop becuase they want to see what the concession stand has to offer. You can see it coming...weave your way through traffic and go to where you want to be, its not rocket science. The closer you get to it, the better you will be able to see and then you won't stop traffic.
At the venue last night, Joe was kind of hungry and got a snack of chicken fingers and fries. They serve it up in a big basket thingy and send you off to the side to get the condiments after you pay. Well not only were we behind the traffic stoppers, but they beat us to the condiments. Seriously, there is a line, people are hungry...don't get your condiments and just stand there are dip your fries. There is a line, it isn't a snack bar. Move on, be courteous of other people...don't people learn that when they are growing up? Ah, people never cease to amaze me sometimes. Where is Dear Abby now...I need to write her a letter.

No comments: