dots

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Baby Envy...

OK I am guilty...I have baby envy, bad.

I think it has really struck a chord now that I am done with school and have time to breathe.

A few weekends ago, we (Joe and I) were at an informal high school reunion with some of Joe's buddies and I couldn't help having baby envy.
It started out as just a mild case at first when I was reaching into our cooler to grab a soda and I felt someone tugging on my shorts. So I picked him up and made friends with a the little boy. I had no idea who he or his mom were, but we hit it off great and he became my little buddy for a while. He was cute as a button and was much funner than they adults that were there. Later on, I couldn't resist asking some other complete stranger there to hold her baby too. I don't know what has come over me. I haven't ever really been a "baby" person in my entire life...but I am turning into one. Its way weird...I think that my "clock" is just ticking!

One of my BFF's from nursing school just found out she's prego, I have 2 cousin's that just had babies...I am surrounded by them and I REALLY want one of my own.

Now...what? Maybe I should try to get a job in the NICU...or will that make it worse?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Everyone I know is pregnant or having a baby soon. I totally get it. Its kinda making me want one too. I think its because people don't have money for entertainment so they are finding cheaper entertainment. :D