dots

Friday, August 3, 2007

Everyone wants to be recognized...

But seriously do you need to be recognized every time you do something that you should be doing? I am talking about my hubby here, he cracks me up. Every time he does some housework, its like he thinks he needs a prize. Just last week we FINALLY cleaned up his work area in the basement that has all of his tools and miscellaneous junk. Well its on the opposite side of the basement and it took me a few days to notice, but when I did, I was like nice work on the area in the basement. He was all like, I was wondering when you'd notice. ROFL.
We had company for dinner last week (it was his invite) and he was off work all day before they came over. So he picked up the house. First thing when I walk in the door...did you notice how clean the house is? Yeah nice job, do you want a cookie? You did some housework...welcome to the club. Do you seriously expect to be recognized every time you vacuum or clean the toilet?
It cracks me up. It slips my mind I guess, because it seems so menial.
I do like to be praised for the great job I did on my organizing the basement or for how wonderful I've made the flower beds look. But I don't expect anything when I do the dishes or clean the bathroom...its part of life, its part of owning a house.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

That is *so* the way my husband is! He like, "did you notice that I vacced the livingroom?" uh...sure...

Cathy De Los Santos said...

men want to feel special and want to be the center of attention they are very much like dogs in my opinion. u wag something in front of them they come running, they do some trick they want a biscuit ... it's sad really. maybe that's why they say it's MAN'S best friend .. not WOMANS best friend (which are diamonds lol)