dots

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

How is it all gonna end

So we were having a semi-discussion in chat yesterday about the world ending and it got me thinking. Thinking about what I really think is gonna happen. Here's my take:
I think that despite the common consensus, we are gonna be around to see it happen. If we don't, then we are likely to have fallen victim to some other type of "natural disaster", so that's why we aren't around to see it.
I am thoroughly convinced that depending on how long we live, we are all going to get some type of cancer. Sometimes, it might kills us, sometimes, it will just kick our asses.
I do believe that with the increasing amount of craziness in the world, something is going to happened to all of us. Like we'll burn up because its gets so darn hot. Or we'll turn into savages that fight over a piece of fruit. Or we'll all drown because the lands flood. Whatever it is, it freaks me out a little and gets me thinking. Should I start hoarding canned foods? Should I start hoarding bottled water? And if I do, why would I want to live anyway? If the world is ending, what is there to live for? So I can get battered by a hurricane or swept away by a flood. No wonder there are so many crazy's in the world. Maybe the right things to stock up on would be Prozac and alcohol.
The thought of it all makes me nervous about having kids? Do I really want to bring kids into this craziness? Can I make a difference in all of the wrongs we have done to make it seem better than it already is? Don't get me wrong, I REALLY want to have kids, but the thought of all of the world ending makes me afraid for them.

4 comments:

Misty said...

Hate I missed that chat sounds like a good one. According to Alabama Department of Public Health (yes my employer) the next big thing is going to be Pandemic Influenza, better know to most as bird flu. They think it is a reality and that it is coming. If you need details on how to prepare let me know. We have lots of materials I can send you!

thanks for the congrats message!

Cathy De Los Santos said...

I think the world is ending, just look at all the things that are going around us out of the blue everything is just getting completely whacked out. the only thing u could do is just live each day to the fullest and screw everyone else haha

Misty said...

You've been tagged. Post a blog with 6 odd/interesting things about you. Then tag 6 people.

NurseDeah said...

amy!!! yea i think we are all gonna get cancer too. its inevitable i think... anyway, how is nursing school goin?? i started back this fall too for my rn-bsn and it SUCKS!! lol hope you are doin good!