dots

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

976 Numbers


Hello Santa? Is that you?....Mrs. Claus comes on and says how santa is busy getting ready for Christmas and a recorded story starts.
I am sitting here at work today and something totally random popped into my head...does anyone remember the 976 numbers. Yes, there were numbers to call party lines and stuff like that, but does anyone remember the ones they had for the holiday's? I think it was like 50 cents to call around Christmas and you could hear a story about Santa and stuff like that. I used to beg and beg to call...I even think my folks gave in a few times.
Oh that was forever ago...lol.

3 comments:

Chez said...

I do I do! There was one too you could call on Christmas eve and it would tell you were he was!

Cathy De Los Santos said...

haha the only 976 numbers i remember are the ones they show at two in the morning with some half naked woman talking asking for someone to talk to her cause she's "lonely" that and of course Ms Cleo LOL

Ohtojoy said...

So funny - we moved to a house that the address is 976 and I have asked so many people if they remembered the old 976 #'s. To my amazement not too many do. Is it my age or is it that I was also up too many nights way too late? So when we moved to this house there were 7 different phone lines going into the house and mirrors on 3 of the 4 walls in two rooms.- I think this may have been the home of a creative business that probably grossed a good amount of money! No pun intended!