dots

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Chinese New Year

Here is my horoscope for today: An influx of social calls will probably make you feel quite popular today. It could be difficult choosing between all the parties and gatherings to which you are invited. It may suit you better, though, to pick a quiet evening with a lover instead, enjoying each other's company over a candlelit, gourmet dinner for two.

Too bad, I don't have any prospects, but it sure sounds nice.

It's Valentine's Day and I was hoping to be someone else's Valentine. I realize that it is just a day like all of the other's but it is nice to feel special. It's nice to get flowers. Maybe I'll just have to go buy some flowers for myself.

I had a very impromptu and unexpected date yesterday. I was online checking my profile and lists of potentials and I got a message from a guy. It was funny and I replied back. Then we started chatting, within 2 hours I met him for breakfast and had a good time. He is from the area and was giving me history funny tidbits about the new city I call home. The even funnier part about it all, is that he literally lives across the street from me. We chatted for a a few hours over breakfast. He was a really nice guy.

Last night I had another date with a guy that I met on Eharmony. I like him a lot, but I am beginning to wonder how he feels. I mean he hasn't even tried to kiss me, touch my hand or anything and we've been on 5 dates. I am extremely shy when it comes to putting on the moves and I just bring myself to plant one on him. I was just thinking about it and rationalizing that there really hasn't been an opportunity, but last night there was and still NOTHING :(. I suspect the gum chewing (his)after the movie was a good sign and it might have happened, but it didn't and I wish it would. I am planning on seeing him again today, so maybe I'll have good things to report.

No comments: