dots

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The laundromat people

So my new place doesn't have a washer and I spent my 1st time doing laundry at my mom's for 8 hours. Well there is a laundromat across the street, so I decided to do it all there. $22 later!, it was done. I don't think I'll be doing that again. A few more weeks of $22 loads of laundry and I could totally find a nice washer on Craigslist. So I will definitely be looking for one next week after pay day.
Whilst doing laundry, I met an interesting woman who decided to chat it up with me for a bit. She was bitter and angry about just getting let go from her job at Walmart. She was a cake decorator. I can't believe that being a cake decorator at Walmart paid so well....she was making $18 an hour. Holy!
Also at the laundromat was a cute little old man who walked so slow and I was praying that he just didn't drop on the floor in front of me. Did you know, that if that were to happen and I didn't do anything, I might likely be liable for not helping, since I am a healthcare professional. Somedays I wish I was just a normal Joe, who didn't know anything and could be oblivious.
There was also the mexican grandma/grandson, the eyeballing blonde and the asian owner, who doesn't believe in heating the place. All in all it was an interesting experience. I hope not to be going back anytime soon.

No comments: