dots

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The curse of the family...

Today was a good day at work...until families came in. I have dubbed what I call the "curse of the family", a major problem for me today. My patients were all just fine, until family came in. No issues, no complaints, a smooth day. Til', I had bitching husbands, crazy kids and over the top complaints.
Why do families bring this out in people? I mean they were fine, until they showed up and now there is nausea, chest pain, anxiety and various other illnesses that come along with their visits.
I was having a great day...a busy day, but a great day until the families came to visit. Even when I was in the rooms, the patients were fine, it was the families flagging me down, listing off complaint after complaint from the patients. When I'd ask the patient, there wasn't anything wrong...or the problem was much smaller scale. It was so ridiculous!
I think that family visits are great and they should have their concerns heard...but in the cases today, they were just making things why worse. Argh...I can't wait to start on midnights...and then I won't have to see too many family members.

No comments: