dots

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tough

There are just days when my job is just SO hard. I feel overwhelmed by the amounts of things that need to be done in an 8 hour period. How is it that I can successfully pass meds on 60 patients on the long term care side and leave work on time, feeling good about myself and my skills, but never feel like I am gonna make it on my own floor where I only have 25?
I quite literally ran my ass off last night. I wore my pedometer and I had walked 7200-ish steps, which translated to roughly 2.5 miles. My hall/floor is not that big, its one long hall that has 16 rooms. And within just those rooms and my hall I managed to walk THAT much. At about 6, I start to get into panic mode because I feel like I am never where I think I should be in order to get out on time. Mind you, I NEVER get out on time. I see lots of OT in my future. I know it will get it easier and it will take some time to get used to, but right now and after days like last night, it feels like I never will. I can't wait for 2 days off!

No comments: