dots

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Great Lunch Debate

Everyday its the same debate when I am at work...what do I WANT for lunch? What I ultimately want and what I SHOULD eat are always contradicting each other. I know what I should be eating, but what I want is always tugging at me. I hate it. I wish I had a personal chef that could make whatever I wanted in a "healthy" way. I should just pack lunch, but I HAVE to get out of the office. I am trying to be budget friendly so packing my lunch would be great, but since it is cold, where would I go to eat it? I would eat at my desk, but that doesn't get me out of the office. I could eat at my desk and go to the store for my "lunch break", but then I wind up buying stuff that I really don't need. Its a viscious circle. Today I opted for Taco Bell...and it was a bust.

I love eating Subway, but I never feel satisfied when I am done. I know that I should be eating Turkey or Ham (which I often do), but the meatball sub rocks my socks. Darn Jared...I don't know how he did it. I'd get so bored.

The cheesy bacon gordita Crunch was gross. I was so disappointed. Then I made the mistake of looking at the nutritonal content of it and I about cried. Florine Mark would be so disappointed with me. I should have just went with 3 soft taco's for 12 WW points. At least then I'd "almost" feel satusfied my lunch choice. DARN DARN DARN....I need to get my will power back, I've been a total WW slacker this week.

Ah...Wendy's I love you so. I only eat 3 things there and they all come off of the 99 cent menu. Jr. Bacon cheeseburgers are one of my favorites, but I pick off the healthy part (the lettuce and the tomato). They are 9 WW by the way. The Doublestack is a little more filling and usually makes me happy, and its 9 points too. And fries...who doesn't like Wendy's fries. I have sacrafied one of my VERY favorites and that is the Frosty...why does all of the stuff that taste's so good are so bad for you.

I could always go to my parents house for lunch and have a sandwich and I do that often too. I like when my mom cooks and there are leftovers (that I like). Hmm...can't beat home cooking. I could live off of grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup and mac and cheese. But Florine, doesn't like those foods too much either...argh. Am I supposed to eat a salad for lunch? Yuck...that just doesn't "do" it for me.

And then again the cycle starts again when I decide what to have tomorrow.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

mmm I totally love taco bell! Sorry that probably isn't helping any. :D