dots

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Perspective

After being in my new place for nearly a month, I am beginning to have a little bit of perspective on my life. I really thought that having space is what I wanted and in many parts that is true. However, now that I have space, I feel terribly alone.

I have never lived alone (except for my 5 month stint in Germany), I have always had a roommate and now being alone is really weird for me. I thought that I would enjoy it, but the truth is, I am struggling with it a little bit. Maybe it will get better when I move Smudge in and he will be here for company, but I am skeptical.
Being a bachelorette, I find myself rarely cooking because it seems pointless to cook something and have leftovers for 3 days. I don't like leftovers enough to want to eat them for 3 days. I am content with Mac and Cheese or a bowl of cereal.

I have jumped into the dating pool again. I am trying EHarmony this time and have a 3 month trial set up. I have had 3 dates already (2 with 1 guy and one other) and things have been going well. Dating is so weird...I am not sure I like it either. I am a one person type of gal and dating a few different people is stepping outside of my comfort zone. The dates have been nothing serious, so I should feel comfortable, but I am feeling a bit weird about it. I actually had a date tonight. After talking with him on the phone the day before I was tempted to call and cancel, but I figured what to do I have to lose, I'll go. He was nice in person, but still terribly shy. I felt like I was doing all of the talking/questioning. I wonder if I was ever that shy? 1st dates are so awkward.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

LOL first dates are awkward. I think it's great that you're going out there and meeting people. Living alone is lonely, even if you have a ton of friends and family. I think having smudge in the house will definitely make you feel better. My kids are my little companions. Just take it a day at a time and remember you're loved....even by freaky internet folks in California, lol!