dots

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hanging in the balance

Why does it always feel like my life is hanging in the balance?
It feels like it is ALWAYS something. Something I am waiting for. Something holding me back from my next step.
Well right now, it is finding a RN job. It was supposed to be easy...or easier right after I was licensed. But sadly, that is not the case. Just for shits and giggles today I have looked at all of the area hospitals and counted the number of positions I have applied for. At one hospital alone...it was 35 different jobs. No call backs ever...just a friendly email (only sometimes too) that says, pursuing other candidiates. Why won't ANYone hire me?
My resume is on monster, careerbuilder and hotjobs. I look at craigslist and area hospitals daily. I even went to a few places in person and filled out their 5 page applications (which can be summed up nicely by my resume, but I get a handcramp filling them out). No calls, no one wants me...i am getting depressed.
If I could just get a few interviews face to face, I know I'd get in. Sadly, you seem to have to "know" someone to get even that, and I don't. So I wait...and get more frustrated by the day. I hope something comes along soon.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

But yay you were hired!