dots

Friday, August 14, 2009

New job

Well my new job is going great...although I've only had orientation. I watched a lot of video on corporate compliance, med passing, falls and other HR stuff. It was a good 2 days! Each day though was supposed to be from 8 to 4, but I got out early both days which was nice.
The facility seems really nice and everyone is always "calm" when I have seen them. I am not sure if it is because they really all have their sh*t together or its just a really laid back place. It is so much different than what I have seen in the hospital from clinicals. At clinicals, there was always chaos...always something happening. THis place doesn't seem like that to me at all. I am wondering if it is because I have just been lucky...or its like that all of the time. I'll find out next week though for sure. I officially start on the floor on Tuesday at 7 am...ugh. I am VERY excited about it though, even though it is so early. It will be weird to be in a early morning pattern again, since I have been out of it for so long.
Buying scrubs was WAY fun. I realize that this makes me sound like an uber nerd, but it was regardless. We can wear gray scrubs, or white pants with printed tops. I bought a few of each so I can "mix" it up, lol. I'll post some pics soon with my new scrubs and my new build a bear that Joe got for me to celebrate my 1st week! He's such a keeper!

No comments: